Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use the microphone or camera after declining access to them?
Go to the “Settings” app on your device and allow access to them in the “Privacy” section.
How do I sign in to share alerts after receiving the message “Multiplayer Unavailable”?
Make sure you are connected to the Internet, then go to the “Settings” app on your device and sign in using the “Game Center” section.
How can I remove the “Start / Stop” button while monitoring?
Setting Display Alert to “No” will do this. The button comes back when the Alarm sounds.
How do I stop sharing sensor values but still send alerts and alarm notifications?
Set Sender Graphics to “None”. No graphics will be shown on Receiver.
How do I disable a specific sensor, to avoid alerts from it?
Set Sensitivity to “0” to stop using the camera, microphone or accelerometer and Face Detection to “∞” to stop detecting people.
What can I detect while using Alert in Split View or Slide Over on a multitasking iPad?
Motion can be detected. The camera is disabled but you can enable the microphone by setting Multitasking to “Yes”.
How do I reduce power use when Alert is monitoring?
Try some of the following to reduce power and CPU use:
- Set Video Clip to “No”,
- Set Video Sensitivity to “0”.
- Do not use “Circle” graphics.
- Set the Sender’s graphics to “None”.
After accepting an invite, nothing happens. What are the correct “Sharing” settings?
You have Sharing set to “No”. To connect to a friend, make sure one device is set to Send and the other set to Receive. Apple TV is already set to Receive.
What can I do when friends automatically decline invitations or they can’t be found at all?
Switch Airplane mode on then off to reset your connection to Apple Game Centre. With Apple TV select “Reset” it from it’s Settings or power it off then on.
How do I fix the situation when I can’t send an invitation to a friend because the Game Center invite is hidden?
Restart Alert to reset Game Center. That is close the app and open it again.
How do I silence my iPhone or iPad to avoid accidentally triggering an alarm?
Silence your device by taking the following steps:
- In the Settings app, ensure that Airplane Mode turned on, for devices that have an Airplane mode. Remember you would have to enable Wi-Fi for sharing alerts.
- In the Settings app, ensure that Do Not Disturb is turned on.
- In the Calendar app, ensure that there are no event alarms enabled.
- In the Clock app, ensure that no clock alarms are enabled.
- For devices that have a Silent switch (called the Ring/Silent switch on iPhone), do not move the switch while Alert is monitoring. When you change to Silent mode, an iPhone may vibrate, for example, depending on user settings.
- Do not plug in or unplug a headset while Alert is monitoring. Likewise, do not dock or undock the device while Alert is monitoring.
- Do not plug the device into a power source while Alert is monitoring. When an iOS device gets plugged into power, it may beep or vibrate, according to the device and user settings.